DC PETROPOLIS PET SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Agreement between DC Petropolis (hereinafter referred to as “DCP”) and the pet Owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter referred to as “Owner”) for services for any and all Pet(s) left in the care of DCP (hereinafter referred to as “Pet”).
Owner certifies the accuracy of all the information provided by Owner to DCP regarding the Pet and confirms and represents that all DCP requirements have been complied with.
- Owner agrees to pay the rate for grooming to DCP. All charges incurred by Owner shall be payable upon pick-up of the Pet.
- Appointments cancelled outside the 1 day cancellation period, will be subject to a $25.00 late cancellation fee applied upon next appointment. Non-show would be assessed $45 fee to be applied next appointment. If you “no-show” more than once, we would request a $50 deposit when scheduling your next appointment which would be considered credit toward the final price of grooming, and would be not refunded if you do not show up for the appointment.
- We hope you understand that like you, we -at DCP- have family, and plans after we leave DCP. When Owner drop off your Pet, DCP would give you a timeframe of when we anticipate completion of services. Please, keep in mind grooming can be very time consuming and unpredictable process depending upon Pet’s behavior, temperament, and coat condition. We will do our best to manage to the approximated time given, but please understand that factors outside of our control can influence how long the process may take. All Pets brought in for grooming must be picked up within one (1) hour of the time the Owner is informed the Pet is ready. Pets remaining after that time a fee of $20 will be charged. DCP closes by 5:30 PM. If picked up after closing time a late fee of $25will be charged. If owner was notified their Pet was ready an(1) hr. has passed and DCP has closed a total fee of $35 would be charged on top of grooming services.
- For the safety of our other clients, please do not bring any Pet that has any type of contagious skin issue, disease, fungus, or worms. If we identify any problem, we will ask that you pick up your pet immediately and pay for the portion of grooming that was completed.
- Grooming procedures can sometimes be stressful, especially for a senior Pet or Pet with health problems, and can expose hidden medical problems or aggravate a current one during or after the groom. If Pet becomes ill or if the Pet shows evidence of a medical problem or seems to be having a medical emergency while under the care and control of DCP, then DCP shall have the right to take such measures as it deems necessary, without being liable to the Owner, for the health and safety of the Pet, including but not limited to, the right to administer medication or obtain an evaluation and treatment by a veterinarian office or hospital and Owner shall be responsible for the cost of such treatment as well as transportation. In case of emergency DCP would attempt to reach 1st Owner, 2nd emergency contact, 3rd Pet’s Vet provided by Owner, and if all fails DCP will use the service of the closest vet available.
- Dog grooming can be difficult when using sharp tools on a moving target. Owner agree not to hold DCP responsible for injury (possible problems could occur including cuts, nicks, scratches, quicking of nails, etc.), allergic reaction from products, or any other occurrence that is out of this establishment’s control; also if Pet has poor skin, coat – health issues – elderly – poor temperament – aggressive- injury to themselves.
- Owner is responsible for Pet’s aggressive behavior. Owners shall be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said Pet while in the care of DCP. Owner further agrees to be financially responsible for any and all DCP property damaged by Pet.
- DCP reserves the right to refuse service to aggressive dogs. Owner are financially responsible and liable for bites and other aggressive behavior your Pet can have against his or her groomer, DCP staff DCP clients as well as other Pets.
- DCP strive to be a flea and tick free environment. If fleas, ticks, or lice are found on the Pet, the Pet will be treated at Owner’s expense ($15). If Pet is infested with tick of fleas DCP would not groom your Pet and would call Owner to pick up his or her Pet as soon as possible. Owner is responsible for paying DCP for the portion of grooming that was completed. In the event DCP has to cancel your grooming appointment because flea, lice and or ticks infestation, DCP would attempt to re-schedule your Pet next appointment as soon as the situation has been taken under control.
- We (DCP) firmly believe grooming should be as enjoyable experience as possible and will not put your Pet through the discomfort of unnecessary dematting. At DCP we prioritize sanity over vanity, Pets with matted coats will require extra attention. If matting is minimal and the Pet responds well we (DCP) may brush them out for an extra fee ($10 – $20). If we (DCP) do not believe we can remove mats in a timely manner or believe your Pet is in pain, we will not continue and will clip short/shave. Prior to clip down DCP would attempt to reach the Owner, If Owner can not be reached we would be clip down/shave the Pet.
- Owner understand that when grooming senior Pets or Puppies we (DCP) might have to take extra time in order to safely groom your dog and that an extra $10-20 fee might be applied to our grooming services.
- Owner agrees to allow DCP and our representatives and employees to use his or her Pet’s name and any images or likeness of his or her dog taken while the dog is staying at DCP, in any form or format, for use at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional material.
- Owner understands that this Agreement shall continue indefinitely for future periods when Owner’s Pet(s) are left in the care of DCP until DCP notifies the Owner of any change in terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy shall be settled in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and the venue of such arbitration shall be in Washington DC.
- Upon admission for our services, your signature on this agreement acknowledges your awareness and acceptance of our policies, and that you have read and understand this Agreement.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of the Agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assigns of Owner and DCP.